Features: Interviews, articles and reviews
"Features" is a bit of a kludged-together title, but we were stuck for a better word to describe what we have got here: this section contains all text-based content about Bryan: every interview, article, review of a comic I could get my hands on is here
- Why converting the Heart of Empire CD-Rom into an ebook is driving me mad!
- Bryan is very often asked for advice - and so he has captured all of the answers he gives out and distilled it down into a single page of advice for people who want to break into the comics industry.
- Read Bryan's account of what it's like to return to a comic he had last worked on over 20 years ago in "The seminal Alan Moore comic that never was"
- Bryan's own introduction to the Brainstorm reprint.
- Michael Moorcock wrote an introduction to the Adventures of Luther Arkwright
Please note: I have recently adopted a policy of importing the text content of interviews with Bryan onto this site. This is not to deny anyone's copyright over it: I always acknowledge where the interview came from, and will always link back to it and will never republish it here until it has been live on the original site for at least a month. And if you have an interview with Bryan then he's most likely made sure you are happy with this. The problem is - these links don't live very long... - in the 15 years I have been running this site (as of September 2009) I have seen great swathes of content disappear, due to sites folding, their maintainers moving on to new things, companies merging and so on. The truth is that content online is an ephemeral thing - and if I strive to be the best single online repository for content abut Bryan and his work then I need to republish the content here in order to ensure it lasts as long as possible.
- An interview with Bryan by Anders Lundgren on Grandville: Mon Amour: this interview was originally published on Anders Lundgren's Swedish language comics blog
- An interview with Steven Withrow from 2006, conducted as part of his research for the book Character Design for Graphic Novels, of which Bryan wrote the introduction.
- An interview with Bryan by Benjamin Berton for a French website, translated into English.
- Another interview with Bryan by the wonderful Pádraig Ó Méalóid: very in-depth and insightful. (well - what'd you expect from Pádraig?!)
Introductions and afterwords by Bryan
Over the years Bryan has written many introductions to other people's work and I am adding them all to the site.
- Intro to Creatures of the Pool by Ramsey Campbell
- Intro to Cancertown by Cy Dethan.
- Bryan's afterword to Nemesis the Warlock
- Bryan's introduction to Strangehaven by Gary Spencer Millidge
- Bryan's inroduction to "Character Design for Graphic Novels" by Stephen Withrow
- Bryan's introduction to the Dutch edition of the Spiral Cage by Al Davison